BPCL REPORTS NET PROFIT OF Rs.6,477.74 IN Q4 OF FY 22-23
PROFIT OF Rs.1,870.10 CRORES FOR YEAR ENDED 31st MARCH 2023
NTPC Logo_Feb_2023 PDF
SBI now Whatsapp_AW
Mumbai: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited declared its financial result for Q4, BPCL standalone has reported Revenue from Operations of Rs 1,33,413.81 Crores for the quarter Jan-Mar 2023 Vs Rs.1,23,382.00 Crs in the corresponding comparative quarter.
NTPC Logo_Feb_2023 PDF
- The highest ever Revenue from Operations for the year ended March 31, 2023, which was Rs. 5,33,467.55 Crores Vs Rs. 4,32,422.48 Crores in the previous year.
- Recorded a growth of 259% in the standalone net profit for the fourth quarter of FY 22-23, which was Rs. 6,477.74 Crores as compared to the restated profit of Rs. 2,501.08 Crores in the corresponding quarter of FY 21-22.
- Consolidated net profit for the fourth quarter of FY 22-23 was Rs. 6,870.47 Crores as compared to the restated net profit of Rs. 2,559.17 Crores in the corresponding quarter of FY 21-22 (growth of 268% over Q4 FY 2021-22).
Bharat Petroleum, one of the premier integrated energy companies in India, has posted a standalone net profit of Rs. 1,870.10 Crores for the FY 22-23, as compared to the restated profit of Rs. 11,363.35 Crores in FY21-22.
Other major highlights of the financial results are given below (standalone) –
- Highest ever gross refining margins (GRM) of $20.24/bbl for the period Apr – Mar 2023.
- Pursuant to MCA order, Bharat Oman Refineries Limited was amalgamated with BPCL and the financial performance of Bina refinery has been included in BPCL w.e.f 1st July 2021. Pursuant to MCA order, Bharat Gas Resources Limited was amalgamated with BPCL and the financial performance of Bharat Gas Resources Limited has been included in BPCL w.e.f 1st April 2021. In view of above mergers, the accounts have been restated for respective periods.
- EBITDA for Q4 FY 22-23 is Rs. 10,526.73 Crores Vs Rs. 6,572.48 Crores in Q4 FY 21-22; EBITDA margin was at 7.89% in Q4 FY 22-23 Vs 5.33% in Q4 FY 21-22.
- Debt-Equity ratio as on March 31, 2023 was at 0.69x (as against 0.65x as at 31st March 2022)
- Board has declared final dividend of 40% for the year 2022-23 which is equivalent to Rs 4 per equity share. The said dividend payment is subject to approval of the shareholders at the Annual General Meeting
Physical Performance (standalone)
- In Q4 FY 2022-23, the throughput was 10.63 MMT Vs 10.15 MMT in Q4 FY 2021-22. Market Sales was 12.91 MMT in Q4 FY 22-23 Vs 11.82 MMT in Q4 FY 21-22. Sales has grown by 9.22%. During Apr to Mar’23, the throughput was 38.53 MMT Vs 35.89 MMT in the comparative year.
- Highest ever market sales of 48.92 MMT for the period Apr to Mar’23 against 42.51 MMT in the comparative period, with growth of 15.08%.
- We have achieved Average Ethanol Blending percentage of 10.59% during Apr to Dec 22 with highest blending in Q4 FY 2022-23 of 11.86%
- BPCL added 300 New Fuel Stations in Q4 FY 2022-23 (986 in Apr 22 to Mar 23), taking their network strength to 21,029
- 354 CNG Stations commissioned in Q4 FY 2022-23 (482 in Apr 22 to Mar 23) taking the total CNG stations as on 31st Mar 2023 to 1602.