Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

356.34 Crores paid to GOI by NHPC in the name of a dividend

SBI now Whatsapp_AW
NHPC_ADVT_LATEST_Artwork AD (New Logo) Hindi 042022
NHDC ADVT_rducesize
271 Hindi PNB ONE AD leaflet 05-01
Shadow
pnb_advt_oct_Whatsapp Banking 33x5cm-01
SBI now Whatsapp_AW
pnb_logo
pfc_strip_advt
nhpc_strip
scroling_strip
Shadow

NHPC, a premier hydropower Company and a ‘Mini Ratna’ Category-I Enterprise of the Government of India has paid a final dividend of Rs. 356.34 Crore to the Government of India for the F.Y. 2021-22 on 19th September 2022. The dividend payout bank advice was presented to Shri R.K. Singh, Hon’ble Union Minister of Power, New and Renewable Energy by Shri Y.K. Chaubey, CMD, NHPC on the 21st October 2022 in the presence of Shri Alok Kumar, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Shri R.P. Goyal, Director (Finance) and Shri S.N. Upadhyay, Executive Director (Finance) from NHPC.

In addition, an interim dividend of Rs. 933.61 Crore for the F.Y. 2021-22 was paid on 4th March 2022 aggregating a total dividend of Rs. 1289.95 Crore for the F.Y. 2021-22. The Board of Directors of the Company in its meeting held on 25th May 2022 had recommended a final dividend at the rate of  Rs. 0.50 per Equity share i.e. 5.00% of the face value for the F.Y. 2021-22 which was approved in AGM on 25th August 2022. In addition, an interim dividend at the rate of Rs. 1.31 per Equity share i.e. 13.10% of the face value was paid on 4th March 2022. Thus, a total dividend of Rs. 1.81/- per Equity share i.e. 18.10% of the face value has been paid for the F.Y. 2021-22.  NHPC today has more than eight lakh shareholders and the total dividend pay-out for the F.Y. 2021-22 including interim dividend worked out to Rs. 1818.15 crores as against Rs. 1607.21 Crore for F.Y. 2020-21.

In terms of the Department of Investment & Public Asset Management (DIPAM) Guidelines dated 27th May 2016 on Capital Restructuring of CPSEs, each CPSU is required to pay a minimum annual dividend at the rate of 30% of PAT or 5% of the Net worth, whichever is higher. In line with the ibid guidelines, NHPC has paid a total dividend of Rs. 1818.15 crore which works out to 5.43% of the net worth of the Company and 51.39% of PAT for the F.Y. 2021-22. NHPC earned a net profit of Rs. 3537.71 crores for the F.Y. 2021-22 as against the previous period’s corresponding figure of Rs. 3245.06 crores.

Leave a Reply

x
error: www.newsip.in (C)Right , Contact Admin Editor Please
%d bloggers like this: